Accommodation and money South America
In this blog the following will be discussed: Accommodation in South America and money in South America. South America is amazing for every kind of traveler. You’ll findd all kinds of accommodation here!
In this blog the different kinds of accommodations in South America will be explained. If you come to South America, live your life to the fullest and sleep in some of the special accommodation here! Of course, there is nothing wrong with a standard hotel, but this will bring your experience to the next level.
Life is too short for sleeping in boring hotels. Here are some special accommodation options where you can take your experience to the next level.
- Skylodge: A skylodge is a transparent capsule hanging 1.300ft above the Sacred Valley (Peru). The only way to get to one of these skylodges is by ziplines. If you’re not afraid of heights, we recommend this Skylodge highly.
- Ecocamp: In Chile, there is a national park that offers you genuine comfort and services. This is the perfect way to look at the amazing starry universe.
- Loma Wasi: Go back to basics in Ecuador near Otavalo at this traditional farm stay! At this place you can escape the modern world and truly live off the land they inhabit. This is the perfect place to learn about medicine and to eat homegrown meals.
- Jungle ecolodge: In Chile, with a 7,5-hour-bus-ride, you will come to the Patagonian Rainforest. Here you can stay the night in a volcano-shaped Montaña Magica. This ecolodge is made to blend in perfectly with the forest. This is the perfect way to go back to nature.
Want to live your life to the fullest? These hotels or accommodations are the way to go in South America!
- Belmond Machu Picchu Lodge: At this national park you will be one of the privileged to see the Machu Picchu without tourists on it. Be sure to wake up early because the tour buses will arrive early. If you want to enjoy the view of Peru to the fullest, this lodge is the way to go!
- Tierra Patagonia in Chile: This is a sublime hotel in the south of Chile. This hotel is surrounded by the outstanding nature of Chile and you’ll have the perfect view of the enormous mountains around this amazing place.
- Mashpi Lodge: This is the place to go if you love nature. This lodge is surrounded by the Ecuadorian Choco rainforest. Waterfalls, greenery and wild inhabitants like pumas are things you’ll find in this rainforest.
- Hotel del Parque: This luxury boutique, surrounded by beautiful gardens, is Guayaquil’s finest hotel. Enjoy your stay at these 19th century stylish and spacious rooms with historical features. Also, you can see the Ecuadorian wildlife in the animal sanctuary.
If you don’t have too much budget but want to enjoy South America the best way possible? Here are some options you can choose from!
- Airbnb is the way to go if you want to live in a normal home, but still feel like a tourist in a different city/country. Airbnb has got a lot of Also, if you want to be close to a certain place in the city, you can choose “nearby …”. This makes the search a lot easier. Make sure you book an Airbnb with some good reviews, because Airbnb may not always be what it shows.
- Hotels: The most hotels fall into the 3-star category. This is always the most popular accommodation for locals and internationals. Because of the many accommodation providers, there are also a lot of 4 – 5 star hotels in South America.
- Hostels: If you are in a bit of a shoestring budget, hostels are the way to go. There are many backpacker hostels that will help you stretch your budget for some amazing tours in South America. Looking for some tours in Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia or the Galapagos Islands? Take a look on our webpage. Need any help finding the perfect accommodation? Ask our experts via the webpage!
There are many different currencies in South America. These are the currencies per county in South America:
- Argentina – Argentine Peso
- Bolivia – Bolivian Boliviano
- Brazil – Brazilian Real
- Chile – Chilean Peso
- Columbia – Columbian Peso
- Ecuador – US Dollar
- Guyana – Guyanese Dollar
- Paraguay – Paraguayan Guarani
- Peru – Peruvian Nuevo Sol
- Suriname – Surinamese Dollar
- Uruguay – Uruguayan Peso
- Venezuela – Venenzuelan Bolivar
As you can see, every country has got a different currency. Ecuador is the only country that doesn’t use their own currency (US Dollar). Why is South America worth the experience and money? Because it has so much to offer! From mountainous highlands, beaches to the jungle and deserts. The best way to experience the places you wouldn’t come by yourself is to go with a tour. This tour operator will organize everything for you and is definitely worth the price. You’ll have the best experience. Don’t be economical on your money when you are in South America. Don’t hesitate in spending a bit more money to go to different places. The Galapagos Islands is seriously a once-in-a-lifetime experience because there is not a single place like that on earth. Also, the rainforest and the Andes are definitely worthwhile. The most efficient way to travel South America, and have the best experience possible, is by (several) tours. Looking for some amazing tours to Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia and/or the amazing Galapagos Islands? Don’t hesitate to take a look at our webpage!